Featured Post

Welcome to Locals to Legends.com!

If this is your first time checking out the website, WELCOME!  We plan to utilize this website to help promote the sport of professional ...

Thursday, July 27, 2017

Gordon Solie called his final match in WCW, 22 years ago this month and passed away 17 years ago today

Obviously Pro Wrestling has been a huge part of my life since I was about 6 years old.  As much as my favorite wrestlers like Dusty Rhodes, Roddy Piper, Jerry Lawler, and Sting were a huge part of my childhood...the announcers were as well.  The nostalgia I feel when I hear Gordon Solie, Lance Russell, Jim Ross, Tony Schiavone, and even guys like Sean Mooney and Craig DeGeorge who provided the soundtrack to my childhood remind of when I fell in love with the sport of pro wrestling.  Two of my favorites to listen back then were Gorilla Monsoon and Bobby 'the Brain' Heenan.  Jesse 'the Body' Ventura was always entertaining as well.  I'm really happy to get the opportunity to do commentary and play by play for promotions like New South, IWA Deep South, ProSouth, and past shows like IWF, NWA Mississippi, and LXW. 


"The Dean of Wrestling Announcers" Gordon Solie


It's really cool to get a chance to meet some of the great announcers at the conventions we attend like Bill Mercer, Bob Caudle, and I really wish I would have the opportunity to meet the great Gordon Solie.  You can check out the video here of Gordon's final match he called in WCW alongside Dusty Rhodes and Larry Zybyszko. However if you really want to hear him at his best, check out this youtube playlist and check out classic Georgia Championship Wrestling, Continental Championship Wrestling, and Florida Championship Wrestling.




No comments:

Post a Comment